How we help
Madhavi Nawana Parker and the Positive Minds Australia Team, work face to face in schools, community, health care and corporate settings.
Our services include:
• Child counselling (general and specific to family separation) with James Parker, Counsellor and Developmental Educator. James specialises in helping young people develop self awareness by identifying their strengths. From here they build confidence, social awareness, emotional intelligence and a healthy adjustment to change. Initial parent intake session $130.00 plus GST Child Counselling $110.00 plus GST
• Social emotional literacy groups for children and teenagers with Nikki Wadewitz, Primary School Teacher. Nikki offers a ‘Confident girls on the Autism Spectrum’ group (Thursdays after school in Eastwood) and all of our other SEL programs ‘The Confident Minds Curriculum,’ ‘The Resilience and Wellbeing Toolbox’ and What’s the Buzz? in schools. Nikki works with students one on one in our Parkside rooms as well as in schools. One on one sessions $110.00 plus GST. Small groups $65.00 (inc gst) per child per session, usually run for 8-16 weeks.
• Counselling and behaviour consultations for early childhood (3.5-5.5 year olds) with Emma McKenzie, Primary School teacher and Counsellor. Emma offers one on one sessions for young children struggling with behaviour and emotions. Emma will start social emotional literacy groups including ‘The Confident Minds Curriculum, ‘The Resilience and Wellbeing Toolbox’ and ‘What’s the Buzz?’ from term 3, 2020. Individual counselling $110.00 plus GST, parent sessions $130.00 plus GST, small groups $65 per child per session for 8-16 weeks.
• Parent strategy development sessions with Madhavi Nawana Parker to develop and tailor a plan for your family to support your child’s social emotional development, resilience and behaviour. $200 plus GST
• Public and Keynote Speaking with Madhavi Nawana Parker on topics including all of her published works as well as others, listed on our website. Madhavi is also happy to tailor topics to suit your organisation. Madhavi’s workshops and keynotes are suitable for corporates and schools wanting to build confident and resilient cultures, parent groups, community groups and more. From $850.00
• Kung Fu with Nick Bennett. Our Kung Fu program is offered in small, supportive groups. We teach this gentle skill that builds social emotional literacy in a non competitive and gentle sports environment. Many of our students find relief in finding our program, where they feel accepted and included, without the pressure to compete and be someone they’re not. Kung Fu offers another way to build social emotional confidence. $450.00 including GST for 10 week program. Wednesdays 4.00pm – 5.00pm (under tens) and 5.05-6.05pm (11-adults) in Eastwood.
• ‘Rising Stars,’ Drama group program (& one on one) for emotional intelligence with Katie O’Reilly, teacher and professional actor. Katie brings her creativity and compassionate nature to teaching social emotional confidence through the art of drama and creative play. Students love the opportunity to meet other young people who don’t necessary want to be on a stage, but feel safe getting out of their comfort zone in a small group where everyone grows at their own unique pace. A great way to build confidence and have fun along the way. $360.00 inc GST for 8 week program. Saturdays in Mitcham 2.00-3.00 and 3.00-4.00pm
• Thought Boss yoga, mindfulness and positive mindset with Anita McCurdie, primary school teacher and yoga instructor. Young people learn essential skills to build awareness of their thoughts and learn to respond to these with gentle awareness and presence. Students are comforted to learn that others also experience the same worries and uncertainty and enjoy the safe and supportive environment. Mondays in Parkside 4.45pm and 5.45pm $270.00 for 6 weeks.
• Physical resilience through physiotherapy with Kym Siddons, Physiotherapist. Kym is passionate about teaching young people, teenagers and adults about confident and healthy posture, movement and endurance. Students love the opportunity to get moving and shaking without the pressure to compete with each other. Kym gently guides them to build strength and physical resilience in small, tailored groups. Dates, times and fees tbc (private cover applies).
• Confident girls on the Autism Spectrum 8 week small group programs. Our team work collaboratively to offer our broad range of skills across the program. Facilitated primarily by Nikki, other team members will also teach lessons to help the girls build their social emotional confidence. Students love meeting other girls on the spectrum without judgment. They embrace the opportunity to build their skills around other girls who know all too well how Autism can effect girls differently. $520 for 8 week term, Thursdays 4.15 in Parkside
• School holiday programs with the team. We love getting the team together to teach everything from Kung Fu, to drama, yoga, physical resilience and confident, resilient thinking. Students love these days where they get out of their comfort zone to meet other children and build new strengths and skills in the process. Approx $220.00 per person for a 5 hour day.
• Anger and stress management workshops for parents with Madhavi Nawana Parker and our beautiful yogi Leah Braun. Madhavi teaches parents how to handle their own and their children’s feelings with confidence and resilience. If you’re looking for ways to feel calmer and happier in parenting, this one’s for you. Approximately $220.00 plus gst for 3 hours
• Books by Madhavi Nawana Parker from $25-$65.00 plus postage. Including new releases
• Free resources and Ebooks to help in schools and homes.
The Positive Minds Australia team are dedicated to mental health and wellbeing. We embrace neurodiversity and nothing makes us happier at work than watching our clients climb gently out of their comfort zone to learn new skills that make them feel happier, more confident and resilient.
We work hard and care hard. We tailor our sessions and do everything we can to support you, your family and organisation to navigate a more confident experience of life.
We practice in Parkside, Eastwood, Unley and Glenunga with new locations being planned. We also visit schools and regional SA by appointment. Madhavi speaks across Australia and overseas by application.
Jump on our waiting list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out a form for the specific program you’re interested in at www.positivemindsaustralia.com.au